It’s starting to cool down a bit where I live, and curry is the perfect warm food to cook in the evenings. Although I call this recipe a curry, it uses the “curry” spice mix, which is linked below, that doesn’t actually contain any curry. I find that the spice curry itself not only causes issue with myself, but with many people with GERD or LPR.
Yield: 8 servings
Prep time: 15 minutes
Total time: 1 hour
1 lb | chicken, cubed
3 cups | spinach, rinsed
8 oz | mushrooms
Cream from 1 can of coconut milk
1 | shallot, diced
2 tbsp | “curry” spice mix
1 1/2 cup | chicken broth
1 1/2 tbsp | cornstarch
1 tbsp | fresh ginger, minced
- Add a drizzle of olive oil to a skillet over medium heat. Add the shallot and cook for about 3-5 minutes until the shallot becomes slightly translucent.
- Now add the chicken and ginger to the pan. Turn the chicken until mostly cooked, about 5 minutes, it should be white on all sides. Now add the curry spice mix until all the chicken is coated and the mushrooms, cook for another 2 minutes.
- While the chicken and the mushrooms are cooking, in a bowl combine the cornstarch and chicken broth in a small bowl. Once the chicken and mushrooms have been cooking for a couple of minutes add the broth and bring to a simmer.
- Allow the broth and chicken to simmer for another 5 minutes, then add the spinach. Once the spinach is wilted add the coconut cream.
- Bring to a simmer to warm up the coconut milk and stir, then turn off the burner. Serve over rice or cauliflower rice, and enjoy!