This recipe is a great go-to side dish to make for yourself or company! I personally don’t like it when sweet potatoes are served with sugar and made more into a dessert, but I do love a good savory sweet potato!
Yield: 6 servings
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes
1 lb | sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
3 tbsp | almond milk (or any non-dairy milk)
1/2 tbsp | fresh thyme
1/2 tbsp | dried parsley
1 tsp | dried basil
2 tsp | extra virgin olive oil
Salt to taste
- Put the cubed sweet potatoes in a medium pot, and add enough water to just cover the top of the sweet potatoes. Add 1/2 tsp of salt and bring the water to a boil. Once the boil has started, bring down the heat to keep a nice low bowl going.
- Cook until the sweet potatoes are soft and can be easily stabbed through with a fork, about 10-15 minutes, depending on how big the cubes are.
- Drain off the water from the sweet potatoes and transfer them back to the bot.
- Add the almond milk, thyme, parsley, basil and olive oil to the pot and mash all together until your desired consistency, and salt to taste.
- Top with extra thyme, Parmesan cheese, or some vegan butter and serve hot!