Sometimes a simple pasta just hits the spot. This pasta is super easy to make and works well as a side dish, or a main dish if you throw in some more protein!
Yield: 6 servings
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
1 | bunch of collard green leaves, about 10-12 leaves
8 oz | spaghetti pasta
2 tbsp | olive oil
4 tbsp | pine nuts
1 tbsp | ginger, grated or chopped finely
Zest from 2 lemons
Parmesan cheese (optional)
Salt to taste
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and boil the spaghetti noodles. Cook and set aside
- De-stem the collard greens and chop the collards into small pieces, no more than 1/2 inch wide.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and add the pine nuts, until they are a nice golden brown color, turning frequently. Set aside when done.
- Using the same skillet over medium heat add 1 tbsp of olive oil and the ginger to the pan. Allow the ginger to simmer until fragrant then add in the collard greens and the lemon zest.
- Cook the greens until they are mostly tender, about 5 minutes, turning frequently.
- In the pot that the noodles were cooked, or the skillet combine all the ingredients; pasta, pine nuts, and collard mixture. Add more olive oil one tsp at a time, until the pasta is nice and oiled, but not adding more than 3 tsp total.
- Salt to taste and add Parmesan on top and serve!