This is an easy lunch for a weekend! I’ll admit it isn’t the healthiest thing I could eat, but it’s a nice go to when I don’t know what to eat, as I tend to have all the ingredients for it. It can also be browned in a skillet for a more even browning, but I personally like it done on my portable electric grill.
Yield: 1 serving
Prep time: 5 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
1 can | tuna in water
2 tbsp | vegan mayo
1/8 tsp | celery seed
1/8 tsp | dried dill
2 slices | bread of your choice
1 oz. | cheddar cheese
Salt to taste
- Preheat your portable electric grill (I use a George Foreman).
- In a bowl mix together the tuna, mayo, celery seed, and dill. Taste the mixture and add some salt as needed.
- Spread the mixture over a slice of bread and top with cheddar cheese, then add the other slice of bread on top.
- You can spread some vegan mayo on the outside of the bread for a crispier exterior, but it works well either way.
- Put the sandwich into the portable grill and leave it in the grill until the cheese is thoroughly melted, and the outside is nice and charred, about 5-7 minutes.