Forewarning, this grilled chicken recipe is using a portable electronic grill (aka a George Foreman) and not an actual grill. It makes this recipe ideal if you live in an apartment and can’t have a grill, but don’t want to heat up the apartment on a hot summer day! To make this recipe even more refreshing serve with a side of raita!
Yield: 4 servings
Prep time: 2 hours
Total time: 2 hours 30 minutes
1 lb | chicken tenderloins
1 tbsp | extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp | za’atar
1/2 tsp | ground cumin
1/2 tsp | ground turmeric
1/2 tsp | salt
1 tsp | water
Cilantro, for garnish (optional)
- In a small bowl combine the oil, za’atar, cumin, turmeric, salt and water, until it becomes a paste.
- Place the chicken into a quart sized bag, and add the seasoning mixture and shake until chicken is thoroughly covered. Refrigerate chicken in the bag for 2-3 hours.
- Once chicken has marinated for at least a couple hours, oil and start up your portable electronic grill. Every grill is different, so you might want to look at instructions for your particular model. For mine there are no dials I simply plug it in.
- Once the grill is hot add the chicken, depending on the model cooking times may vary, mine took about 7-10 minutes for each batch, and it took three batches to cook all the chicken. Just make sure the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Serve with rice, also goes great with raita on the side!