Finally a new recipe! I basically ended taking the month of February off because of life events, but here’s a quick and easy breakfast recipe. This is a great make ahead recipe as it can be frozen for up to 3 months, or kept in the fridge for up to 6 days!
– For this recipe I used frozen chopped broccoli and cooked it in the microwave before adding it. If you do this, make sure the broccoli is cooled beforehand, because if you add warm/hot broccoli to the egg, it will preemptively cook it. Raw broccoli chopped very small, also works well, and gives this recipe a nice little crunch.
Yield: 6 egg bites
Prep time: 15 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes
5 | large eggs
1 cup | broccoli, chopped very small
1/3 cup & 6 tsp | cheddar cheese, shredded
1/4 tsp | dried oregano
1/8 tsp | salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray a muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray, or add a bit of melted coconut oil to each muffin cup and spread around.
- In a large bowl whisk all of the eggs, until well blended, then add in the cup of broccoli, oregano, salt and 1/3 cup of cheddar cheese. Mix well.
- Pour the mixture into the each of the muffin cup (or use a ladle) distributing evenly. Be careful not to overfill as it can overflow in your oven! I would also maybe recommend putting a baking sheet underneath your muffin tin, if you are worried about it.
- Bake for 23-38 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Remove from the oven, and let cool for about 5 minutes, then take a knife around the side of each muffin and then scoop them out.
- Can be kept in the fridge for up to 6 days. Takes about 45-60 seconds to reheat in the microwave!