I don’t often make desserts, but I was feeling like having some cookies this week! These banana oatmeal cookies, are quick and easy, making it a nice recipe to make even after working all day.
Yield: about 20 cookies
Prep time: hour
Total time: 2 hours
3/4 cup | all purpose flour
1 1/2 cup | old fashioned oats
1/2 tsp | baking soda
1/4 tsp | salt
1/3 cup | granulated sugar
1/3 cup | brown sugar
1/3 cup | salted vegan butter, slightly softened*
1 | large egg
1 | banana, mashed
1/2 tsp | vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, oats, baking soda and salt until well mixed, and set aside.
- In another large bowl cream the butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar using a hand mixer.
- To the sugar and butter mixture, add the egg, mashed banana, and vanilla. Using the hand mixer again, mix until all ingredients are incorporated and batter is smooth.
- Now add the flour and oat mixture to the wet ingredients and mix together using a spoon.
- Scoop dough into about 1 inch balls onto the prepared baking sheet and flatten slightly. Leave a couple inches between each cookie as they will spread out. Bake for 14-15 minutes.
- Transfer cookies to a cooling rack, and repeat with the remaining cookie dough.
*I just leave mine out for about 5 minutes or so before I start baking.