Mushroom and Spinach Gnocchi
This is an easy fast dinner recipe that my husband and I can eat any night of the week. Technically it serves four, but the two of us finish it the same night I make it.
Yield: 4 servings
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
1 package (17.63 oz) | potato gnocchi
3 cups | spinach
8 oz | white mushrooms
1 diced | shallot OR ½ tsp | asafoetida
1 Tbsp | dried basil
½ tsp | thyme
2 Tbsp | extra virgin olive oil
Salt to taste
- Rinse spinach and mushrooms off. Cut off just the very bottom of the stems of the mushrooms, and then slice them the mushrooms.
- Add the oil to a large skillet over medium heat. Once the oil is heated added mushrooms, diced shallot, dried basil and thyme, until onions are translucent and mushrooms are tender, about 5-7 minutes.
- While the onions and mushrooms are cooking, prepare the gnocchi as the package says.
- When onions and mushrooms are ready, add in the spinach and cook until wilted, about 3-5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat for the skillet and add the gnocchi and salt to taste. Mix well and serve with parmesan cheese if desired.
Looks delicious, but what onions? They are not on the ingredients list, yet they are in steps 2-4. Do you mean shallots or is there a missing ingredient?
Lovely blog you have heere