Mushroom and Spinach Gnocchi
This is an easy fast dinner recipe that my husband and I can eat any night of the week. Technically it serves four, but the two of us finish it the same night I make it.
Yield: 4 servings
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
1 package (17.63 oz) | potato gnocchi
3 cups | spinach
8 oz | white mushrooms
1 diced | shallot OR ½ tsp | asafoetida
1 Tbsp | dried basil
½ tsp | thyme
2 Tbsp | extra virgin olive oil
Salt to taste
- Rinse spinach and mushrooms off. Cut off just the very bottom of the stems of the mushrooms, and then slice them the mushrooms.
- Add the oil to a large skillet over medium heat. Once the oil is heated added mushrooms, diced shallot, dried basil and thyme, until onions are translucent and mushrooms are tender, about 5-7 minutes.
- While the onions and mushrooms are cooking, prepare the gnocchi as the package says.
- When onions and mushrooms are ready, add in the spinach and cook until wilted, about 3-5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat for the skillet and add the gnocchi and salt to taste. Mix well and serve with parmesan cheese if desired.