This recipe is great for any hot summer day! I used corn tortillas that I heated up in a skillet on the stove top, but other types of tortillas work well too. Also cojita cheese can be substituted for feta if that is preferred!
Yield: 6 servings
Prep time: 20 minutes
Total time: 1 hour
1.5 lbs | tilapia or other flakey white fish
Crumbled cojita cheese
6-8 corn tortillas
1/2 tsp | ground cumin
1/2 tsp| oregano
1/2 tsp | sweet paprika
1/2 tsp | salt
2 cups | purple cabbage, shredded
1/2 cup | corn, I used frozen and just cooked beforehand
1/4 cup | cilantro
1 tbsp | olive oil
1/4 tsp | salt
1/2 cup | Greek yogurt, plain
1/4 cup | vegan mayo (higher pH than regular mayo)
3/4 tsp | ground cumin
1/4 tsp | paprika
Zest from 2 limes
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Mix all ingredients under rub together in small bowl and rub the seasoning mix over both sides of the fish.
- Once the oven is heated, add parchment paper to a baking sheet and put the seasoned fish on it, drizzle it with a little olive oil and cook it for 20-25 minutes in the oven.
- Next prepare the sauce, by mixing all the sauce ingredients together and set aside.
- Same goes for the slaw; mix all the slaw ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- When the fish is finished cooking, roughly cut into cubes and assemble your tacos as you like, top with cojita cheese and extra cilantro if desired!