This recipe is great for any hot summer day! I used corn tortillas that I heated up in a skillet on the stove top, but other types of tortillas work well too. Also cojita cheese can be substituted for feta if that is preferred!
Yield: 6 servings
Prep time: 20 minutes
Total time: 1 hour
1.5 lbs | tilapia or other flakey white fish
Crumbled cojita cheese
6-8 corn tortillas
1/2 tsp | ground cumin
1/2 tsp| oregano
1/2 tsp | sweet paprika
1/2 tsp | salt
2 cups | purple cabbage, shredded
1/2 cup | corn, I used frozen and just cooked beforehand
1/4 cup | cilantro
1 tbsp | olive oil
1/4 tsp | salt
1/2 cup | Greek yogurt, plain
1/4 cup | vegan mayo (higher pH than regular mayo)
3/4 tsp | ground cumin
1/4 tsp | paprika
Zest from 2 limes
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Mix all ingredients under rub together in small bowl and rub the seasoning mix over both sides of the fish.
- Once the oven is heated, add parchment paper to a baking sheet and put the seasoned fish on it, drizzle it with a little olive oil and cook it for 20-25 minutes in the oven.
- Next prepare the sauce, by mixing all the sauce ingredients together and set aside.
- Same goes for the slaw; mix all the slaw ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- When the fish is finished cooking, roughly cut into cubes and assemble your tacos as you like, top with cojita cheese and extra cilantro if desired!
Hi , your meals look so amazing ! I’m wondering if you know the PH balance of the vegan mayo?
Thank you for your time 🙂
I personally use Vegenaise brand, I use this one because lemon juice is one of the last ingredients and it has so little acid it isn’t shelf stable, it has to be kept in the fridge. In one of the facebook groups I am in they list it as having a pH of about 5, but I cannot confirm or deny if that is true.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you for your reply .